Friday, 28 March 2014

Its been awhile

Hi guys!
So it's been awhile since I posted up anything but my little kitten Tippy has been in and out of the vets after being diagnosed with Calicivirus.
Now I thought that Calicivius was like FIV and that cats with it would always be indoor cats and always have problems etc, and after looking it up more on the internet everything I read seem to say the same thing.
Tippy is only 7 months and a lot of people had said that their kitten had died from Calicivirus and stuff but when I went to the vet he said that after having a dental clean up of the gums and teeth and 6 months of daily medication of Interferon it would be completely gone for the rest of his life.
Anyway.. Tippy went in for his dental and his teeth have never been so clean! And he doesn't have horrible stinky breath! Before he went in the vet showed me his teeth and gums and although the teeth were white the gums were very red and he had a few puss filled ulcuars, these are now gone apart from one but that's a lot better and seems to be going away.
He's been on the interferon medication for a week now and although he's not into a routine of taking it he's really good about it and doesn't struggle much. I use a towel around his body and arms so he can't struggle much anyway.
I give him treats after either tuna, chicken or webbox lick-e-lick stuff so he relates the medicine to something good.
He seems to be doing really good apart from being quite lethargic but the vet said that its one of the side effects from the medication.


Hes been out more in the garden and he now knows how to push the cat flap open in one and get out! This isn't a bad thing but there's been a male cat around that isn't very friendly so I don't really want Tippy going out when I'm not around to keep an eye on him. I'll hopefully post up a video of him soon and also maybe a video of me giving him his daily medication in case any of you have to give daily meds to and at the moment its a bit of a chore you can watch how I do it and it may help you :)!

Also if theres anything else about Calicivirus, the medication (Interferon) or anything else then be sure to leave a comment if you have any questions!

Cat
x

No comments:

Post a Comment