Hey guys!
Its been ages! So sorry about that! Its been a busy summer! Lots of BBQ's & days out! I apologies! This is going to be one massive update!
He's almost finished his meds too, in September it will be 6 months and the vet said that 6 months and it would all be over, I'm going to book him appointment soon and take him back before the meds are due to run out as I think it might be a case of weaning him off it. I'll keep you updated on that. He's doing really well anyway like I said, a bit boisterous with the over cats but hes still a kitten/young adult so that's to be expected. Tippy's now fully out of his cage after the first attempt where he got attacked and then was rushed to the vet with a swollen unusable leg! He has been attacked again, but no damage was done apart from me having to get up and clean his poop up from the kitchen where he was so scared he pooped himself bless him. He doesn't really go out too much, mostly in the mornings and in the evenings but he comes up to bed when I go to bed and mum says he stays in her room all night until early morning. I'm kind of glad about this especially is that other cat is still around and still attacking him! Also as winter is nearing ever closer its good he learns to be in, in the warm rather than out all the time.
I think he's getting a bit bored of it too, the novelty of being outside whenever he wants has worn off!
Here's a few pictures of him seen as hes grown so much since I last posted a picture!
Secondly, Amber! She seems to be doing really well after the passing of Trixie. By her behavior she seems to be just like her normal self, squeaking when its treat time and coming up to the front of the cage when you go over to her. She's even got better at being handled! normally I would have to chase them for ages around the cage before handling, Amber let me pick her up without even a bit of chasing the other day! It was really nice, like our bond has got stronger now that its just me and her.
I'm undecided on whether to get her a friend or not, I know that guinea pigs should always be kept in groups but she seems fine on her own. I know she would be better no doubt without a friend but equally she seems fine now. I'm really just in two minds about it. I think what I'm going to do is take her to a rescue place to see if she gets along with anyone, at least then if she hits it off with someone then she obviously needs that, but if she doesn't then shes had some guinea pig contact. I'll keep you updated on that too.
I've got some picture of Amber to share with you all too!
Amber & Tink
Hope you are all okay! & I'll speak to you all soon!
Cat
x
No comments:
Post a Comment