Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Tippys Emergency Trip To The Vets

Hey guys, so last night the whole house was awoken at around half past 3 to cats fighting in the house. We immediately knew that the 'horrible' cat was in, now he's been coming into the garden and house for awhile bullying out older cat Timmy who fights back and often gets hurt in the process. However, Tippy is now permanently out of the cage, he's been out of his cage at night  for around 3 or 4 nights now and everything has been fine, apart from last night. So anyway we all ran down stairs and the horrible cat ran out shortly followed by a very verry fluffy bushy Tippy. I don't know why Tippy ran maybe because we scared him and he was just trying to get away or because he was following the other cat. To cut a long story short he eventually turned up again in the garden so I picked him up and brought him upstairs where he stayed all night, and then all day too. 
I went in and stroked him a few times but just thought maybe he was tired and stressed out probably from shock. The last time I went to stroke him was around 5 and I touched his left front limb and he meowed at me and pulled away, I went to touch it again and could feel and then see that it was extremely swollen and obviously painful. He then tried to walk around the bed from where he was laying and wasn't putting any weight on his leg at all. I rang the vet immediately and they told me to go in straight away. 
The vet said that it was an abscess and he tried to drain some of the fluid/puss out of his very swollen leg, he shaved the leg which then made the various cat bites visible. I feel so sorry for him, he's so young and clearly suffered a violent attack from a cat much bigger than him. The vet gave him a convinia which made him abit dopy and metacam, he's now on metacam orally from tomorrow untill Monday when I have to take him back to the vets.

This evening Tippy's been purring a lot and kinda walking around half putting weight on his leg but not really. He wouldn't bend down to eat straight away but he was hungry so we hand fed him some food. Since then he's got a lot better, the painkiller has started working and he's putting more weight on his leg and also bent down to eat some food from the bowl. He's still being very careful though but that's expected it must be very painful for him, poor boy.
I just thought I'd let you all know, sorry I've not been around in awhile and not posted a lot of blogs, but as some of you may know I lost a guinea pig on Thursday so I've been focused on Amber mostly and helping her though it. I'll post a blog on how she's doing and how I've been helping her through everything tomorrow! 
Hope everyone's okay! And enjoying the weather! If you have any question's feel free to leave a comment! Thanks guys! 
Cat 
X

No comments:

Post a Comment